Yoghurt is very good for your digestion, but the supermarket products are expensive and high in sugar. They often add all sorts of artificial flavours, colours and thickeners, which are completely unnecessary. You can make your own yoghurt using an Easiyo kit. This is still kind of cheating and I should really just use local milk or milk powder (as the Easiyo packets come all the way from New Zealand) and yoghurt culture, but this is so easy and foolproof!
Here's what to do:
1. Put about 1.2 L of water in the jug to boil.
2. Half fill the plastic container with cold water and add the Easiyo packet. I use natural, as its milk powder and bacteria only, no additives!
3. Stir in some honey, about 3 'fork-fulls' will do! And stir it all up. Then top up the container with cold water.
4. Pour the boiling water into the insulated container and put the yoghurt container inside. Screw on the lid and leave for about 8-12 hours.
5. Take the yoghurt container out of the insulated container and put it in the fridge (sometimes the hot water is still ok for doing the dishes). I take a small container of yoghurt to work for lunch every day. You can mix in fruit if you want, but I enjoy it plain as well.