All the ingredients you need to make your own beeswax wraps:
- Gum rosin
- DIY Beeswax Wrap Blocks
Or buy a 2 pack of ready-to-use beeswax wraps in various sizes.
DIY Beeswax Wraps
You may have heard about using beeswax wraps instead of plastic cling-wrap in your kitchen. Beeswax wraps are increasing in popularity and beeswax wrap options are plentiful at farmers' markets and natural living shops. We offer a slight variation, however you can’t always find the colour or size that you want, and sometimes they can be quite expensive. The solution – make your own beeswax wraps using our DIY beeswax wrap blocks. ...
Why Do Beeswax Wraps DIY?
Quality beeswax wraps abound, so why make it yourself? Well, there are three main reasons why you would like to make your own natural food wraps instead of buying a pack from the local crafter, and this is:
- Custom sizes and shapes. Sometimes you just need a beeswax wrap larger than the standard size sold by your favourite supplier, or you need the material in a specific shape for a specific purpose, such as wrapping homemade bread or cheese. Perhaps you would also like to use a certain type of natural fabric like hemp or bamboo instead of cotton. Or you may want to be sure that the fabric dye is food safe. Or you may just have a massive fabric stash to choose from!
- Modified ingredient mix. There are many recipes and techniques for making beeswax wraps. Perhaps the standard ones from the shop are not working ideally for your unique applications, which means that making your own natural food wraps allow you to modify the ratio of the ingredients and create a better product to suit your needs.
- Fun. Yes, it’s fun to make beeswax wraps. It’s a great holiday or weekend project for kids and an easy gift to make for others.
Why Purchase Your DIY Beeswax Wraps From Eight Acres Natural Living?
There are many places where you can purchase the same high quality ingredients that we stock, but the difference is that we sell smaller quantities ideal for home use. Of course, larger quantities are also available.
- The gum rosin comes in packets of 40g, which is enough for 16 to 20 "standard" wraps.
- We also have 200g packets of pure beeswax cubes available that you can use for beeswax wraps (as well as candles and other uses).
- Our DIY beeswax wrap cubes contain all the necessary ingredients (wax, rosin and jojoba oil) in a convenient packet for roughly 8 to 10 wraps, saving you the time to source all the ingredients (just choose your own the fabric).
Make your beeswax wraps using our convenient ingredient packages. It is also an ideal activity for kids to make their own wraps for their lunch sandwiches.
In addition to the value for money, our entirely locally-sourced beeswax wraps offer a natural, plastic-free alternative to storing food and do not contain any harmful chemicals or manufactured fragrances. Sustainability is a large part of our ethos.