How to grow lemongrass
|its really hard to photograph grass|
- Beekeepers have found that lemongrass essential oil mimics pheromones that attract swarms, so it can be used in bait hives to help with catching swarms.
- Lemongrass is used in asian cooking and goes well with coconut milk and curries - I use it in a paleo pumpkin soup recipe with galangal and turmeric
- I dry lemongrass and use it in tea, its very nice with ginger, both being good for digestion - this is the main way that I use this herb.
- Lemongrass essential oil is used to repel insects (although not bees!) and I use it in my insect repellent with neem oil.
- It is used topically for its anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties, and is thought to relieve pain from arthritis (either using the essential oil or a poultice of the fresh herb).
- Lemongrass essential oil is known as a mood lifter.
Do you grow and use lemongrass? Any tips?