We spent about an hour peeling 1 kg of the garlic and laid the individual cloves on the tray of our dehydrator. We ran the dehydrator on and off for several days until the cloves were no longer sticky. I then whizzed them all in the food processor to for granules. We dried the granules on baking paper in the dehydrator for another day. This produced about half a jar of granules. As this translates to 1 kg of garlic, I imagine that they will be rather strong!
We are going to use up the rest of the fresh garlic first, and then use the granules. During winter we often find that the Australian garlic runs out and we have to buy Chinese or Mexican garlic, so I hope this year we will be able to stretch all this garlic through the entire year. I did try to grow it, but I think I kept the soil too moist. I will keep trying.....
I thought you might enjoy these posts
Tips for starting vegetables from seeds
Its time to start planting for spring, and the cheapest way to grow your own vegetables is ito start from seeds (and eve
Our Food Forest after one year
We finally planted our food forest one year ago (you can read all about it here). It was a long time in the planning. We
A winter linen shawl
I had found the yarn at the haberdashery stall at the local market. It is called "winter linen" - 26% linen, 46% wool an